Which Bond car is quickest? While many of these top-of-the-range motors may be out of reach for most young drivers, it’s an argument that’s raged for more than five decades.
Now, ahead of the premiere of 007’s latest outing in Spectre, a virtual quarter-of-a-mile drag race put together by parking website JustPark is aiming to settle the row once and for all.
Motors race across the screen attempting to achieve the best quarter-mile lap times based on real performance figures.
The quickest Bond cars
- Aston Martin DB10 – Daniel Craig, Spectre (2015), 11.6 seconds. Only the Aston Vanquish matches this car’s top 200mph speed
- Jaguar XJ-L – DC, Skyfall (2012), 12.6 secs. Achieving 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, this luscious limo leaves drivers shaken and stirred
- Aston Martin DBS V12 – DC, Casino Royale (2006), 12.6 secs. This 190mph beauty gives Craig a monopoly on the top-three podium
- Aston Martin Vanquish – Pierce Brosnan, Die Another Day (2002), 12.9 secs. The quickest car on the grid not to be driven by Craig
- BMW Z8 – PB, The World is Not Enough (1999), 13 secs. Its 294kW/394bhp power ratio is not enough to secure a top-three place
And the slowest
- AMC Hornet X – Roger Moore, The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), 19.3 secs. This US motor had little sting to help Bond flee Christopher Lee’s Scaramanga
- Chevrolet Impala Convertible – RM, Live and Let Die (1973), 20 secs. At least this was faster than the double-decker bus Moore also had to drive in his 007 debut
- Jeep Wagoneer SJ – RM, Moonraker (1979), 20.8 secs. Even though only two models were slower, it was still faster than Bond’s most famous opponent – the slow and steady Jaws
- Sunbeam Alpine – Sean Connery, Dr No (1962), 23 secs. This hardly set the tone for the smooth speedsters to come
- Citroen 2CV – RM, For Your Eyes Only (1981), 23.5 secs. At just 560kg, this was Bond’s lightest car. But not even that could stop it crawling from 0-60 in 57.2 seconds
Test drive the Bond car drag race yourself.